Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Getting Started

Preface:


In January of 2007, Emma and I decided to apply for the Peace Corps...


In August of 2007, we passed the initial interview process and were told we would most likely end up in Central Asia...


In March 2008, we found out we are going to Azerbaijan. I will teach English as a Second Language and Emma will work in Youth Development...


On September 23rd 2008, we leave for our two year three month "tour of duty."


Introduction:


This blog is my way of keeping you up-to-date on what and how we are doing.


Body:





Or at least a picture of our newly wed bodies...


Conclusion:


If you are interested in anything specific, let me know. I will be sure to address it in a future blog.
-Mathias


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you guys look psyched to be going. Couldn't you have found a happier picture of yourselves?

sworddancer said...

What do the 2/3rds of the Azerbaijanis know that the 1/3 do not??