6 weeks to go.
After crawling by for so long, time has begun to speed up. There is so much to do, to think about. Trying to prepare for something you don’t really understand yet. Trying to answer questions I don’t even know to ask. What to pack?!
Combined, Mathias and I can pack 200lbs of goods. That means two rolling suitcases and two rolling duffels. That’s pretty much it.
As far as clothes go, I’m trying to undertake a fashion revolution. The dress code for women seems to consist of skirts, lots of skirts, and maybe heels? If you know me you know that I have dressed the exact same since the first grade-jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers. Don’t worry; I’ve started practicing wearing a skirt about once a week to work out any possible, umm, issues before I arrive (wow getting in and out of vehicles is hard!).
When not packing, there are many other things to do as well. Finish painting the bathroom, packing the things we don’t use every day, water the garden, freeze the green beans, watch as much of the Olympics as possible, cry at the visa commercials, go to work, go to play rehearsal (we open this week, yay!) hang out with friends and I think I might get baptized this Saturday (really!).
On top of all this, the conflict in Georgia is on my mind. I feel saddened, and somewhat embarrassed that had we not been looking at the region already, I might not be paying attention. Part of applying for the Peace Corps was meant to help broaden my perspective, and already it is broadening. It doesn’t hurt that the Olympics are at the same time displaying spectacularly that all people, from all countries, fight to win, laugh and cry, hold their breaths in anticipation and cheer like crazy for success.
So that’s about it for now, I have to go watch Michael Phelps!!!
~Emma
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Finally an update! I've been checking regularly...I know you must be busy with all you have to do. We are watching Georgia/Russia closely too and will be praying for the Lord to work all this out. This is an exciting busy changing time for so many in our family so keep us posted if you can. Love you.
just so we're clear...you're married, so i get michael phelps ;)
Post a Comment