Friday, January 16, 2009

Where There Is No Gas...

On a day like today, when the sun is out and the snow is melting, sometimes the powers that be decide that it's best to shut off the gas during daylight hours. This was one of those days.

Some of you may remember when I was living in LA I stumbled across one of my favorite lines from a news report. It was about a "cold snap" in LA and a man on the street complained:
"I'm wearing pants AND a Jacket and I'm STILL cold!!!"
Well, I'm happy to report that I'm wearing
  • Long underwear
  • Thigh-high socks
  • Knee-high socks
  • Ankle-high socks
  • Knit shorts
  • Stretch Pants
  • Long Wool Skirt
  • Long-sleeve shirt
  • Wool turtleneck sweater
  • Cardigan
  • Long wool coat
  • Scarf around neck
  • Scarf on head
  • Fleece scarf around waist
  • Gloves
  • Wool/leather slippers

...And I'm STILL Cold!! (temperature in room 52F)

(No, the petç isn't on in this one-but I'm pretending it is!)

No comments: