Monday, May 11, 2009

The Tea Song

Ok, we have in the past tried to explain the place that tea holds in this society. You may have read blogs by other volunteers that address the subject. Well, today I was working with some college students on an English language recital and came across this Azerbaijani song translated into English:



"Tea Song"


Who has got any pains,

Tea come, Tea come!

Let them have a dark tea,

Tea come, tea come!

Let them drink before meal

Tea Tea Tea!


In a glass shaped like a pear,

Tea, Tea!

When we are thirsty

Tea, Tea!

Tasty and Delicious

Tea Tea Tea!


In a warmer summer day

Tea come!

In a garden or a way

Tea come!

Everyone wants, every day

Tea tea tea!


To entertain a guest

Tea come! Tea come!

No need to ask, it's the best!

Tea come! Tea come!

Let them drink before the meal

Tea Tea Tea!


Tasty tea tea tea!

Delicious tea tea tea!



I think this explains the cultural fervor better than any I could say! (And also, doesn't the word "tea" look so weird after reading so many times!?)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Everyone raves about coffee, but as a tea drinker, I think this song captures "the truth." There is no better beverage.